Bangladesh Open Source network (BdOSN) and Bangladesh Women in IT (BWIT) will celebrate the international Girls in ICT day with a handful programme. ITU is celebrating the 4th Thursday of April as "International Girls in ICT Day". This year the day will be observed on 28th of April. However, because of the resource constrain and to reach more girls, BdOSN and BWIT will organize programme from 20th April to 30th April 2016.
The programme included –
- Workshops on web and mobile technology for the girls
- Technology Career fair for the girls and young women (30th April, 2016 at University of Asia pacific Premises)
- Opportunity and Challenges in ICT for the girls and women awareness programme in different education institute including high schools and universities
- . ICT Open house day in different ICT Companies included Microsoft Bangladesh, Grameen Phone, UYSYS, Dnet, Samsung R&D Centre, Bank etc.
- A get-to-gather with icon ladies with the students, etc. (At UAP premises on 30th April)
The awareness seminar and hands on activities will be held in Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Rajshahi and Khulna district.
Any girl, female university student or young women can join any particular programme by registering herself in the appropriate form.
The details of the different programme and method of registration is available at event website http://girlsinict.bdosn.org/
The corresponsing facebook event is also be contacted for further information.